A Climate Action Network Europe procura um coordenador de comunicação -“Communications Coordinator”- para a sede em Bruxelas.
O anúncio está publicado na página da ONG na internet. E, quem estiver interessado tem que responder até 19 de dezembro de 2016.
Required Educational/professional qualifications
- Minimum 3 years relevant professional experience, preferably in journalism/press or media relations;
- University degree or equivalent qualification preferably in communications, journalism or public relations;
- Working knowledge of EU institutions and processes, and in particular of climate, energy and environment policy;
- Journalism or media training considered an asset;
- Native level written and spoken English; additional EU languages considered an asset.
- Experience of working with NGO’s ;
- Knowledge or experience with campaigning on fossil fuel subsidies or climate finance issues.
Experience, skills and abilities
- Experience writing, editing and proofreading, with a proven ability to manage the production of various types of high quality print and digital media products;
- Knowledge of, and existing base of contacts with European news media desirable;
- Demonstrable experience of using digital and social media to achieve campaign/advocacy objectives;
- Ability to prioritise and manage diverse tasks, meeting deadlines while maintaining high editorial standards;
- Experience of working in a network; internal communication skills desirable;
- A good team player coupled with ability to be self-reliant and self-disciplined, and use one’s own initiative and to generate new communication ideas;
- Solid grounding in Microsoft Office applications.
Main duties will include
- Responsible for external communications;
- Writing, editing and dissemination of press releases and other documents, responding to media enquiries;
- Organising production and editing of paper and digital publications; liaising with policy officers to generate online web articles;
- Manage content and updates to the website ();
- Maintain a contact databases of experts and journalists;
- Cataloguing and maintaining CAN Europe’s media coverage;
- Descriptive reporting to funding organisations;
- Develop/liaise and maintain contacts with the media and where necessary act as a spokesperson for CAN Europe.
This position is based in the CAN Europe secretariat, which houses our team of 16 staff members, in Mundo-B, the sustainable NGO office space near the St. Boniface neighbourhood of Brussels. The bright, sunny office provides an exciting work environment with a restaurant serving organic food, an outdoor terrace, two gardens and plentiful bike-parking spaces.
This full time or 4/5 position is based on a Belgian open-ended contract. Please note that the title of Coordinator refers to CAN Europe’s role as coordinator of our 130+ members network and not to internal management responsibilities.
To apply, please send a letter of motivation and CV to email@example.com with Communications Coordinator as subject line.